- RSS Channel Showcase 4901435
- RSS Channel Showcase 5269550
- RSS Channel Showcase 7636092
- RSS Channel Showcase 7192272
Articles on this Page
- 10/15/10--14:36: _Quarterly Newsletters
- 11/16/11--09:59: _Program Director Ne...
- 04/02/14--04:55: _2013 Strategic Plan
- 04/02/14--04:56: _WEBSITE - Update
- 09/18/14--06:47: _Ophthalmology Lectures
- 09/18/14--06:49: _Otolaryngology Lect...
- 09/18/14--08:17: _Official Program
- 01/09/17--11:10: _10th Annual Faculty...
- 06/08/16--14:23: _Update on the Singl...
- 12/31/16--13:22: _Congratulations to ...
- 12/31/16--13:22: _Congratulations to ...
- 12/31/16--13:23: _Congratulations to ...
- 03/09/17--10:55: _Vote Online for the...
- 06/05/17--11:13: _Kristin Reidy, DO, ...
- 07/31/17--10:44: _AOCOO-HNS Mourns Th...
- 09/26/17--13:35: _The Scope: Fall 201...
- 10/05/17--07:17: _2017 Midyear Meetin...
- 01/18/18--10:15: _How Will You Fund R...
- 03/20/18--11:36: _ACA 2018 Schedule
- 10/15/10--14:36: Quarterly Newsletters
- 11/16/11--09:59: Program Director Newsletters
- 04/02/14--04:55: 2013 Strategic Plan
- 04/02/14--04:56: WEBSITE - Update
- 09/18/14--06:47: Ophthalmology Lectures
- 09/18/14--06:49: Otolaryngology Lectures
- 09/18/14--08:17: Official Program
- 01/09/17--11:10: 10th Annual Faculty Development Course - February 4, 2017
- 06/08/16--14:23: Update on the Single Accreditation System
- 12/31/16--13:22: Congratulations to the 2016 Best Resident Paper Award Recipients!
- 12/31/16--13:22: Congratulations to the 2016 Best Resident Poster Award Recipients!
- 12/31/16--13:23: Congratulations to the 2016 Patrick Murray Award Recipients!
- 03/09/17--10:55: Vote Online for the Board of Governors
- 07/31/17--10:44: AOCOO-HNS Mourns The Passing Of Debra Bailey
- 09/26/17--13:35: The Scope: Fall 2017 Newsletter
- 10/05/17--07:17: 2017 Midyear Meeting & Scientific Seminar Q&A With Dr. Don Morris
- 01/18/18--10:15: How Will You Fund Retirement?
- 03/20/18--11:36: ACA 2018 Schedule
The AOCOO-HNS Quarterly Newsletter is published quarterly by the American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 4764 Fishburg Road, Suite F, Huber Heights, OH 45424, (937) 233-5653 or (800) 455-9404, FAX (937) 233-5673, and serves as a communication link with the Membership. The Colleges would like to encourage members to submit articles of... read more
The AOCOO-HNS Program Director's Monthly Newsletter is published and updated primarily by the Council of Medical Education (C.O.M.E.) and the AOCOO-HNS Administration. The purpose of this Newsletter is to assist Program Directors so that they may stay up-to-date on the latest news, policies and changes from the AOA and AOCOO-HNS Council of Medical Education. Email... read more
Purpose: Ensure the survivability of the College and the Foundation in the face of increasing challenges, and promote the organizations' accomplishments within the AOA. Goal 1: Promote among current and prospective College members an appreciation for the value of the College and a spirit of "giving back". Objectives: Increase the percentage of practitioners who are... read more
The AOCOO-HNS is pleased with the new, redesigned website. This product is the result of input from our Membership, Committees, Councils, Board Members and Administrative Staff. The launching of the new site brings to fruition the synchronized hard work in analyzing and designing this new concept. The AOCOO-HNS' goal is to provide our organization with... read more
George A. Anadiotis, DO - Cerebrotendinous Xanthomatosis (CTX) Shauna E. Berry, DO - Double Trouble Mark F. Brower, DO - Refractive Outcomes of Uncontrolled Capsulotomy Size, Manual 5.0mm Capsulotomy and Femtosecond Laser Capsulotomy Hernando E. Chong Jr., DO - Update on General Medicine Lisa M. Clifford, CPC - Modifier Mania Brittney A. Dautremont, DO - A Curious Case of Bilateral Optic... read more
Troy L. Ceamean, DO - Head and Neck Surgical Complications Kiran Devisetty, MD - Complications of Head and Neck Radiation Kevin M. Hsu, DO - Topical Therapy for Office Procedures Dennis J. Kitsko, DO - Complications of Adenotonsillectomy Jason M. Leibowitz, MD - Transoral Robotic Surgery Radical Tonsillectomy: The Future for Oropharyngeal Cancer? Deepak K. Mehta, MD - Pediatric Tracheostomy Donald... read more
May 2015 ACA Official Program CME Credit Statement Course Evaluation Form
Join us for the 10th Annual Faculty Development Course, sponsored by the AOCOO-HNS Foundation, Inc. 2017's theme is Managing the Transition to SAS. When: Saturday, February 4, 2017 Where: Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport, Orlando, FL Click here to learn more about our event and register.
As we progress toward the Single Accreditation System, it’s important to understand that the continued growth and success of our profession depends on osteopathic GME programs transitioning to ACGME with Osteopathic Recognition. The numbers so far are encouraging. As of June 8th, 2016: 74 sponsoring institutions and 177 AOA postdoctoral training programs have applied for [...]
OTOLARYNGOLOGY 1st Place – Christopher R. Selinsky, DO, OUCOM/Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH, Program Director: Richard Klapchar, DO 2nd Place – Julia A. Pfaff, DO, PCOM, Philadelphia, PA, Program Director: John McGrath Jr., DO 3rd Place – Shane D. Griffith, DO, Millcreek Community Hospital, Erie, PA, Program Director: Sean Carroll, DO OPHTHALMOLOGY 1st Place – Andrew [...]
OTOLARYNGOLOGY 1st Place – David P. Schleimer, DO, St. John Providence Health System, Madison Heights, MI, Program Director: Warren Brandes, DO 2nd Place – Joshua S. Godsey, DO, OUCOM/Grandview Hospital, Dayton, OH, Program Director: Adan Fuentes, DO 3rd Place – Joseph K. Whitman, DO, Northeast Regional Medical Center, Kirksville, MO, Program Director: Kelly Burchett, DO [...]
OTOLARYNGOLOGY 1st Place – Carissa J. Wentland, DO, Genesys Regional Medical Center, Grand Blanc, MI, Program Director: Wayne Robbins, DO 2nd Place – Sennett A. Pierce, DO, Metro Health Hospital, Wyoming, MI, Program Director: Kenneth Markiewicz, DO 3rd Place – Akshay V. Patel, DO, NYCOM/St. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ, Program Director: Richard Scharf, DO [...]
The voting link for the upcoming election of members for the Board of Governors will be open from March 9 through Sunday, April 9th, at which time it will become inactive. Members in good standing are eligible to vote for the Secretary/Treasurer and two Members-at-Large of the Board of Governors, one representing Ophthalmology and another representing [...]
On May 12, 2017, Kristin Reidy, DO, assumed the Presidency of the American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. She also assumed the Presidency of its Foundation Board of Directors which is responsible for annual educational and charitable donations. She has been a member of the governing board of the AOCOO-HNS for [...]
Dear Members, A few days ago, the College was notified of the passing of Debra Bailey after a long battle with cancer. Debra was a special person, and we have all been blessed by knowing and working with her. Members of our Colleges', Certifying Board, and those who have worked with her, all feel a [...]
The leaves aren't the only things changing this year as we head into the fall season! AOCOO-HNS is proud to present our newly revamped member newsletter, The Scope! Featuring College updates, articles regarding relevant medical topics, and the recognition of Executive Vice President and CEO Alvin Dubin's retirement, The Scope is filled with information for all AOCOO-HNS members. Please [...]
With AOCOO-HNSF’s 2017 Midyear Meeting and Scientific Seminar just around the corner, we are gearing up for another successful Meeting with highlights including informative lectures, presentations, and new program additions. “This is not our same old Midyear Meeting. We have a new format this year,” Chair of the Professional Education Division, Dr. Don Morris said. [...]
Jan Wachtler, AOCOO-HNS Staff This is the question asked in AOCOO-HNS’ member, Ralph Crew’s new book asks. The changing face of medical practice will present problems for young physicians entering the medical arena. In the future, most physicians will be employed by large medical organizations without ownership in a practice to help them fund retirement. [...]
10:00 am – 11:00 am AOCOO-HNS Executive & Finance Committee Meeting Location: Blue Heron 11:00 am – 2:00 pm AOCOO-HNS Foundation Board of Directors Meeting (lunch served) Location: Blue Heron 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm AOCOO-HNS Board Strategic Planning Workshop Location: Blue Heron 7:30 am – 11:30 am AOCOO-HNS [...]